Friday, September 7, 2012

Dire Apologies

It's been 759 days since my last post--- I can't believe it's been that long since my African road trip.


Since then: I've read many books (skimmed some of them), saw many patients, gained more friends (and lost some), shed many tears, had at least two breakdowns, and took a 18 month trial of antidepressants. 

But who said medical school was easy anyway? ... aside from the satirists and the compulsive liars, of course.

Now, I'm a different person--- wiser, braver, fatter, and more realistic than before. I look back on my eager first days of medical school with nostalgia and a twinge of embarrassment. I have finished my third year of medical school, and I'm closer to being a doctor than ever. However, I'm taking an "academic" leave of absence to take a job as a medical journalist--- to get away from the perils of school and develop my interest in writing.

I couldn't be happier with my decision; with no academic commitments and a full salary, it's nice to be a real person again.

Now, it's time to start where I've left off. I still want to build this blog into a good resource for medical students and pre-med students.

Sorry for the delay.

Click here for my brand new post--- I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment